Friday, December 24, 2010

Just doing some thinking...

Just looking back on these past years, from graduating H.S to going out on my own to now being a junior in college, I can say I'm proud of where I am. Of course certain things/events could differ in how they shaped my life, I'm content on how they unfolded and how they molded me to the person I am today.

Through all the influences on today's youths and young adults, I can say I have persevered to be my own person. I'm always looked at by many as a person someone can talk to or easily trust. I credit that to the way I've been brought up. It's not always easy to have other people's sensitive social life matters entrusted in you. Many a times I've said to myself, "How can they trust me with something this important and personal?". I'd guess I would just have to chalk it up to say that I'm just a trust worthy person that is genuine in this world full of "fake/dishonest" people.

I wouldn't say I have many friends that I could divulge information to (only 3 come to mind), but I can say I have the utmost faith in them that they wouldn't differ their perceptions of me as a person.

This would be one of those moments of "Self-Realization" that so many college students have. The brutal impact of society dropping the reality bomb on them. Still at 20 years of age, questions like "What am I going to do with my degree?" , "Where do I want to work?", etc still come to mind. I do know that I want to be successful in whatever life may take me, while still maintaining that trust factor that people have taken to align me with. Those two desires alone I hope, will keep me motivated in becoming the man I want to be someday.

1 comment: